Wednesday, July 23, 2014

E.L.F. Eye Encyclopedia Collection (Eye Beauty Book Collection)



I recently ordered a good bit of stuff from eyeslipsface.com wanting to try some things I hadn't before. They had a special going on at that time selling three eye beauty books for $10 (usually $5 a piece).  A couple of the shadows are definitely worth having but overall, I would say don't waste your money.  There aren't enough pigmented and usable shadows in each book by themselves to justify buying them.  These books also come with a couple of examples attached to the inside, the looks are beautiful but don't tell you which colors they use, and some blank eyes for you to make yourself with lines to list which shadows you used.
Every eyeshadow is labeled with a number by a plastic film that is attached but easily moved from side to side out of the way. They each also come with an eyeliner, with no staying power, and a sponge tipped applicator.
Also many of the pans were falling out and need to be glued back in and the front covers of a few were also a little scratched. presentation and packaging was horrible.



Natural Eye Edition
The shadows look very beautiful in the box but many do not swatch well at all.

Eye 1 and 9 are almost invisible swatched. I had to work VERY hard to even get that little bit to show up on my hand.  Also eyes 3, 10, and 8 are quite sheer as well but are easier to work with than 1 and 9.  The best ones in this book are 2, 4, 7, 11, and 12. The liner for this one is a brownish-green. it is very pretty but wouldn't work on the waterline or anything. With effort it is pretty on the lower lash line.
 Bright Eye Edition
Out of the three books the bright eye was the one I liked the most.  At least the majority of these shadows show up on the skin.

Eyes 1 and 9 look very similar, I don't really know why they are in the same palette.  I am always excited about matte shades and unfortunately the matte brown in this book looks nice on my hand here but I have since tried to use it but have come up with nothing. I don't really know what happened maybe the shadows are pressed in layers and the top layer was pressed looser than the rest. The green, blue, purple, red, and black in this palette are just beautiful.  The liner that comes with this is black, again may only work on the bottom lash line.  On the photos the second line is the liner from the natural edition but shows up purple on camera. 

 Smokey Eye Edition
Out of all the different smokey eye kits that I own and have seen I am the most disappointing in this one.

The smokey eye edition comes with the same black liner that the bright eye edition did.  The black in this one is just pathetic! For a smokey eye book you would think the black would be the best of all! As seen in the swatches, eyes 6-8 and 9-11 are very good and I can see myself using these quite often.  I could also see using eye2 in some cases because it is matte.



So out of all the books that I received I would mostly recommend the bright eye edition alone, not the other two. To be honest I am thinking of prying my favs out of its packaging and putting them all in one book so I don't have to bother with the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Your Comments!