Wednesday, July 23, 2014

e.l.f. Makeup Lock & Seal


So this product claims that it can increase the intensity of your makeup colors and lock it on instantly! I recently got a couple of thinks from eyeslipsface.com, I'll have a haul and more reviews soon, and I think that I was most excited about this product.  Unfortunately....it doesn't do all that it claims it can do.  
It says that you can coat your eyeliner, shadow, lipsticks, blush, brow color and more for a smudge-proof wear. It was right on a couple of these but not everything.  The directs say but  a few drops into the pot that is included, dampen the brush, mix with your makeup and apply to the face.  I let it dry thoroughly instructed as well. 
The test:   Products used: For the pencil liner and lip products I tried to choose products that don't have the best staying power to begin with
Black radiance eye appeal shadow collection in urban jungle the green crease shade
Rimmel London lasting finish blush in autumn catwalk
L.A. colors eyeliner & eyeshadow duel pencil
Black radiance continuous crème eyeliner in classic black
The color institute all day lip crayon
Elf matte lip color in tea rose
Black radiance continuous crème eyeliner in classic black[used as directed]   

  
I immediately noticed the smudging of the products from the brush itself and I "painted" on the lock and seal.  I left it to let it dry for over 10 minutes.  

As It was drying my skin was drying and feeling much tighter.  I'm sure this may be used to make products less oily and stay on the skin longer but I cant see using this on blush or something and it drying out your face.
I even tried using the product as it says on the box by dipping the brush into the liquid first and then mixing it with the same cream eyeliner.  I hardly got any color payoff from that. It didn't mix well and was way to watery. As you can see in the picture it's just horrible, it's a little dark in the beginning then swipes to nothing. This product would not work well this way. 
  
Results:
The powder eyeshadow, blush, and the cream liner [even the one that would hardly show up stayed well] So these would be the only products I would recommend using them for.  Especially the powder eyeshadow and cream liner. This could help with smudging and creasing throughout the day. Make sure you continue to wipe the brush between each swipe though to prevent smudging.

           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Your Comments!